CFPC – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
3 rounds of 10 reps of:
50′ Waiters walk / arm (DB)
Sit-ups or GHD Sit-ups
Back-extensions or Supermans
Pull-ups or Ring rows
Hand Release Push-ups
Spend 15 min working on handstand hold progressions. Challenge yourself with the next step and work toward a freestanding hold with no movement.
1) Supporting weight with the shoulders overhead (DBs, barbell)
2) Supporting bodyweight in a box edge handstand hold position
3) Performing a headstand or a handstand against the wall
4) Performing a freestanding handstand near a wall or band for spotting
5) Freestanding handstand with a spotter
6) Freestanding handstand, building up in time and working toward no extra movement
Regardless of the variation you’re practicing, an elongated body and tight midline/quads/glutes are important to a proper handstand with little to no movement. Also, spend time practicing feeling your bodyweight distributed in the hands and shifting your weight through pressure in either the palms or fingertips.
Following the handstand work we will be performing strict dips:
5 sets of 4-7 reps, on rings, stationary bars or standard pushups.
Weight the movement if needed (7 reps is easily attainable)
Perform a set every 2 minutes.
A: Handstand Hold
Hold a handstand (Rx=freestanding)
for as long as possible
B1: Ring Dips (5 x 4-7, strict w/ hollow body)
B2: Weighted Ring dips
Ring dips with additional weight